On the hunt for pickleball shoes? Blending the best elements of tennis, ping pong and even badminton – pickleball is a sport that has become increasingly more popular (as well as competitive) over the past few years.
The only question is, given the fact that there’s no set dress code for pickleball, what type of shoes or sneakers should you wear to play? If you’re currently asking yourself this question, rest assured that you are in the right place.
In this guide, you will find a handpicked selection of the best shoes for women that are suitable for playing pickleball. Along the way, we are also going to be sharing with you some additional tips and tricks to help ensure you pick the right pair for you.
Just read on!
Kicking this guide off, we have selected the PUMA Women’s Tazon FM Cross-Trainer Shoe. This is our best overall pick of the article, so keep scrolling to discover why it’s our winner:
Featuring a sleek and streamlined design that’s sure to add a touch of elegance to your general pickleball outfit – the PUMA Women’s 6 FM Shoes are the perfect option for your pickleball games.
Traditionally, these sleek sneakers were designed to be used for crossfit, but many pickleball players have found that these also double-up as pretty awesome pickleball shoes, too – and we’re here to show you why.
Ensuring that you will be able to enjoy maximum comfort and support while out on the court, the PUMA Women’s Tazon FM Cross-Trainer Shoe features an Eva foam lining in the sole that will be able to absorb the impact of each shot and run that you make.
Thanks to this, it means that you will be able to play for a longer period of time before beginning to experience any feelings of strain or fatigue in your ankles or feet.
Along with that, the PUMA Women’s Tazon FM Cross-Trainer Shoe is also extremely lightweight in design which will mean that you will be able to take on the court without feeling restricted or weighed down, while the lace up design will ensure that you can achieve your desired level of security.
Not only that, but the PUMA Women’s Tazon FM Cross-Trainer Shoes are also designed with a superior grip on the undersides of their soles.
Thanks to this, it means that besides offering plenty of style and comfort, the PUMA Women’s Tazon FM Cross-Trainer Shoes are also versatile enough to be plated on both indoor and outdoor courts.
If you’re in the market for a pair of pickleball shoes that you know you’re going to be able to count on (while also having the ability to use them for other training purposes) trust us when we say that the PUMA Women’s Tazon FM Cross-Trainer Shoe will not disappoint.
- Excellent value for money
- Versatile enough for pickleball as well as other sports
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor courts thanks to superior grip on the soles
- Black and purple colorway might not be to everyone’s taste
On a budget? No problem! If you are currently in the market for a pair of pickleball shoes that are going to be able to provide you with all of the support you need to take your games to the next level without breaking the bank – the WHITIN Women’s Zero Drop Sole Shoes might be exactly what you are searching for.
Perfect for any pickleball player that wants a pair of shoes that will be able to offer them excellent support without weighing them down or feeling restrictive, the WHITIN Women’s Zero Drop Sole Shoes are extremely lightweight and are designed to feel as though you are barefoot while wearing them.
As well as that, it is also worth noting that the WHITIN Women’s Zero Drop Sole Shoes also come complete with great gripping on the soles for premium traction.
Thanks to this, it means that you will be able to wear these sneakers on a variety of different indoor and outdoor courts.
If all that wasn’t impressive enough, the WHITIN Women’s Zero Drop Sole Shoes also come complete in a variety of different colorways, so you’ll be able to find a color that suits your personal preferences best.
WHITIN has certainly covered all bases
- Excellent value for money and ideal for those who are on a budget
- Lightweight “barefoot” feel for non-restrictive movement
- Awesome gripping suitable for many different indoor and outdoor playing courts
- Basic design
If so, we think that the STQ Women’s Breathable Cushion Shoes should definitely be on your radar.
There’s just so much to love about the STQ Women’s Breathable Cushion Shoes.
Featuring an innovative air cushion design, the STQ Women’s Breathable Cushion Shoes will be able to provide you with plenty of comfort while you reach new heights in your pickleball matches, while the thick sole will be able to absorb the brunt of impacts.
Plus, featuring an upgraded lace up design, the STQ Women’s Breathable Cushion Shoes can be easily fastened to your desired level of tightness, while the low arch support will help to ensure that strain and fatigue is prevented for a longer period of time.
As for the grip? Thanks to the soles of these sports sneakers by STQ, you will also be able to enjoy the benefit of playing on a variety of different courts, including clay and concrete.
Impressive or what? These are great sneakers to consider choosing for your pickleball games.
- Comfortable, cushiony feel
- Suitable for a variety of different courts
- Customizable lace up design
- The chunky heel might feel uncomfortable to some pickleball players
Last but certainly not least, the final pickleball shoe recommendation that we have to share with you is the K-Swiss Pickleball Shoe! These are a great option for female pickleball players, let’s take a closer look at why below:
Perfect for female pickleball players of all levels, the K-Swiss Pickleball shoe is one of the very first shoes on the market that have been specifically designed for female pickleball players. Yes, you read that right!
Ensuring that you will be able to take to the courts in both style and support, the K-Swiss Pickleball Shoe has been specifically designed to provide female pickleball players with the opportunity to enjoy a comfortable, lightweight and totally breathable shoe that will help them to soar to new heights while out on the court.
Not just that, but offering plenty of versatility that we’re sure you’ll absolutely love, the K-Swiss Pickleball Shoe is also suitable for both indoor and outdoor court use.
Thanks to this, it means that regardless of where you are being required to play, you can have the absolute confidence that the K-Swiss Pickleball shoe will be able to support you throughout all of your pickleball games, as well as for practice, too.
Not only that, but we think that you might also be interested to learn that the K-Swiss Light Pickleball Shoes are also highly compatible with both clay and hard courts, which means that these pickleball sneakers will be able to support you wherever you happen to find yourself playing.
Plus, for added style while out on the court, the K-Swiss Light Pickleball Shoes also come complete with K-Swiss’ very own pickleball logo, which means that you’ll be able to make a fashion statement while ensuring that you’re feet and ankles are given optimum support. All in all, an excellent choice to consider!
- Ergonomic support
- Performance enhancing
- Comfortable and super lightweight
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
Best Pickleball Shoes For Women: Buying Guide
Now that we have taken the time to talk you through our favorite pickleball shoes currently on the market, we hope that we have been able to help you find the ideal pair for you and your current level of play.
That being said, if you’re still on the fence about which pickleball shoes you should get, then we recommend taking a look at the following section.
Below, we are going to be breaking down some of the most important considerations you should make when choosing a pair of shoes suitable for pickleball:
- Performance enhancing features: This is one of the most important considerations that you should make when choosing a pair of sneakers/shoes suitable for pickleball. The best sports shoes are the ones that come complete with performance enhancing features that will help to take your pickleball games to the next level – including offering excellent ankle support, boosting your speed and even preventing you from slipping.
- Durable design: When choosing a pair of shoes that are going to be ideal for pickleball, you’ll be making a great choice to make sure that you are opting for a pair that will be able to deliver you plenty of durability. The last thing that you want is to purchase a pair of shoes for pickleball, only to discover that they begin to break after only a few games! That being said, you should make sure that your pickleball shoes of choice feature a durable construction that will be able to withstand all of your matches.
- Comfort: The next important factor that you should consider when selecting a pair of pickleball shoes is the level of comfort that they are going to be able to provide. As we’re sure you’re already well familiar with, pickleball is a game that places enjoyment at the forefront of its sport. For this reason, it is super important to make sure that you are prioritizing this when shopping for a new pair of pickleball shoes, as the last thing that you want to do is invest in a new pair of sports sneakers, only to discover that they do not offer a good level of comfort.
- Court compatibility: Last but certainly not least, the final consideration that we strongly recommend that you make when selecting a new pair of shoes that can be used for pickleball purposes is court compatibility. To make sure that you are getting the very best value for your money (and to ensure that you will be able to play anywhere that you are required to) we highly recommend that you opt to invest in a pair of pickleball sneakers that have been specifically designed to be made suitable for both indoor and outdoor court use.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are The Best Shoes To Wear For Pickleball?
As we’re sure you might have guessed by now, when it comes to pickleball, for the most part – there are no set dress codes that you need to follow.
Due to this, it means that trying to decide what to wear can be a lot easier said than done – and shoes are no exception to this.
When it comes to picking the perfect pair of shoes for pickleball, you should make sure that you are opting for a pair of sneakers/sport shoes that will be able to provide you with optimum support while you are playing.
As well as this, you should also make sure that you are wearing shoes/sneakers that fit you well and do not cause you to experience any restrictions.
Of course, though, with the increase in popularity and competitiveness of this sport – pickleball is quite often played at a competitive level.
In this instance, there might be a certain dress code that you’ll need to follow (such as a team uniform) which might mean that there are specific sneakers that you will be required to wear.
Are Indoor And Outdoor Pickleball Shoes The Same?
As we have already mentioned, there aren’t any specific “pickleball shoes” that you can buy out there on the market.
That being said, it’s a good idea to make sure that you are basing your decision on which pickleball shoes to get depending on whether you are going to be playing primarily indoors or outdoors.
If you are going to be playing on an indoor court, then it’s a good idea to make sure that you are opting for pickleball shoes that have been specifically designed to be suitable for hardwood or smooth composite surfaces.
Along with that, if you are going to be playing outdoors, then you might very well find that opting for shoes that have been optimized for outdoor terrains are going to be the better option for you when it comes to playing pickleball.
Is There A Difference Between Tennis Shoes And Pickleball Shoes?
No, there is no main difference between tennis shoes and pickleball shoes. In fact, many people who play pickleball often find that tennis shoes are the perfect option for them to play in – and that goes for both indoor and outdoor courts.
Tennis shoes are an ideal choice for pickleball players because they are usually very well made and offer a comfortable yet durable fit that will be able to handle a variety of different terrains.
Besides being able to offer a long service life and high-quality design, tennis shoes also often tend to come with a variety of different performance enhancing features including better grip, ankle support and more.
There we have it! You’ve made it to the end of our guide. Now that we have taken the time to talk you through our handpicked selection of sneakers and sports shoes ideal for pickleball games, we hope that we have been able to help you discover the perfect pair of pickleball-certified shoes for you.
Remember, the good thing about pickleball is that it’s a game that doesn’t (at the time of writing, at least) feature any specific dress codes, regardless of which level of pickleball you happen to play at.
As we’re sure you’re already well aware, pickleball is a fun first game. That being said, so long as you make sure you’re wearing comfortable shoes and clothing, you’ll be good to go (see also ‘What To Wear To Play Pickleball‘).
The only question left to ask is, out of all the pickleball shoes we have recommended to you above, which one are you going to get? Thank you for taking the time to read through this guie, and good luck out there on the pickleball court!